Wednesday 14 January 2009

The haunting passages are back...

I haven't been blogging for a while because I'm not at home and I don't have regular access to the internet. But I've got lots to blog about, when I get round to it, including (1) a strange half-awake dream, (2) a realisation that a friend deeply needed the experirence of wholseomeness and that I'd been focusing way too much on the duty side of things, and (3) a colleague of H. who explained his preaching routine to me and who deliberately toned down the exhortations because he was wearing out his parish (basically he spends one week teaching, two weeks reflecting on real life issues, and one week exhoruitng the parish to do something with their faith).
But anyways... there I go opening the catechism of the catholic church at a random page. Art 909 pretty much sprang out:
"Moreover, by uniting their forces let the laity so remedy the institutions and conditions of the world when the latter are an inducement to sin, that these may be conformed to the norms of justice, favouring rather than hindering the practice of virtue. By so doing they will impregnate culture and human works with a moral value."

No comments: