Tuesday 25 October 2011

Watching life win

Becoming a parent really messes with my brain... Every moment is a mixture of extreme thankfulness and extreme hatred. I'm pathetically thankful for every bottle my son drinks and extremely hateful towards anything or anyone that keeps food away from anyone else's child. To me, buying food as part of the Red Cross' Horn of Africa Appeal is as essential as buying milk for my little one. And, somewhere, to an extent, life is winning.

As my son fights off the weakened germs of all the diseases he's being inoculated against, he's hot and he smells different. Something smells off. The smell of lots of diseases that are going to lose their battle. And I hate them. Meanwhile, they're being wiped off away from my son's body and off the surface of the planet. Right here, life is winning.



you can’t beat death but
you can beat death in life, sometimes.
and the more often you learn to do it,
the more light there will be


Charles Bukowski

No comments: