Friday 22 October 2010

So close you can't "feel" it.

It's one of my bad days... I'm tired of sending ardent heartfelt prayers into the stratosphere and feeling nothing back. I start thinking in terms of "complete waste of time" and "cosmic emotional child abuse", you get the picture.
But is God out in the stratosphere?
-Uh oh, yes and no, but for the purposes of that question the answer is a "no". God is closer.
How much closer?
-Well like somewhere within you.
You mean among all the other random stuff that's "within you"?
-Nope, closer still, God's not an item amongst my dozens of neuroses and petty concerns, it's not an "item" at all, God is closer. God lives as we live, loves as we love, laughs as we laugh, fails as we fail, dies as we die. So God's not even distant enough to be detached from the action. I lose sight of that. Then I think God's out there not freaking answering while God's been crying my own tears.

No comments: