Sunday 12 October 2008

Good questions!

Okay, I hope this is still fair use and not simple content lifting, but below are some of the very good questions asked by random internet surfers on the site of the Alpha Course (UK), which set up a survey asking: "If God did exist, what would you ask?".
I think that the site is quite well-made, as every question is boxed in separately, so it creates an impression of the solitude of each asker, while at the same time, listing them together in one place emphasises the common humanity of all who asked. Quite a few of the questions made me well up. Or maybe it’s the combination of them all, the mix of awe, sadness, anger, vulnerability and just sheer curiosity that is reflected in them.

Have you ever had a girlfriend?

If heaven is so wonderful why does nobody want to die?

Why are some people born into Christian families and some people not?

Can he sort out the current Credit Crisis ?

Why did you put me here? I want to die.

What is the point of wasps?

Is there evidence to support that Jesus body wasn’t stolen but he actually rose from the grave physically?

Why do i feel you even when i struggle to believe?

Will i get a girlfriend?

How many starving third world children could have been helped by the money used to fund the advertising campaign for this site?

What do you want me to do?

Why did one of your angels appear to Myself and my wife on 18TH OCTOBER 2004?

Can i have courage to change?

Why did my baby die?

You do not help people you just watch them die so what is your point in life?

What am i supposed to do with my life?

Is hell eternal torment?

Does the holy spirit make people tremble?

Does life exist on other planets?

What can i do improve myself in other to serve u(God) better?

Do I make you proud?

Why cant i hear you?

Why do all these other people hear and feel god but i dont?

Can you commit suicide?

Why make them rely on blind faith?

Could you explain yourself? About, like everything about the bible, you ,jesus, the earth the universe, heaven everything?

Why did you let me waste my life?

What happens when we die?

I will just say thanks for everything he given me.

For an ice-cream.

Can I and people I know can go to heaven?

What does god say about divorce?

Why did you cause pain and suffering to people in the old testament?

Why did you create parasites that bore into children's eyeballs?

How many people fancy me, or have ever fancied me?

Where is my mum?

Why, when my heart stopped for four minutes while in Afghanistan, did I see nothing?

Why am i not pretty?

Why do [we] have to do what you want?

Is Judas in heaven?

How can I hear you more clearly?

Would you keep me safe on a plane even if i didn’t pray and ask you to?

Where are my car keys?

Can you help me to give up cocaine and find pleasure from other means?

What is love?

Why don't you speak to me? Because I don't hear you when I pray or anything.

Do you approve of evangelism? Surely we should find you in our own ways?

Why did you create it all, not why is it as it is, but why did you do it?

Why have you not just simply come down and said look i'm here so behave?

How do I make the money I want to make?

Why didn't you step in and stop Auschwitz happening?

Do pets go to heaven?

If you love everyone equally, why do you feel the need to send some of us to hell for ever?

When I am on the floor in pain, where are you then?

Do protestants take holy communion?

Why did he allow the tsunami?

What does god think of muslims?

Do you know the future?

For forgiveness and understanding.

Is there a devil?

Should i stay with Seb?

Why have we not found a way to stop using petrol full stop, so that we don't destroy the planet.

What should i do with my wife?

Why did you say in the old testament that gay people should be killed?

Why do you entrust your message to people who are bound to misinterpret it?

Is praying for my non Christian friends and family enough to save them?

Is our destiny preordained?

Is heaven in the sky or is it just a feeling of peace?

Of all the diseases, which is your favourite?

Why should I worship you?

Is my dad ok?

Why am I so weak?

Oh God please can you help my Family reunion case in uk?

Would you like some toast?

Why is there so little charisma to attract people to Christian belief?

Will I go to heaven?

Why do Christians still lie?

Why not come back?

Why has the church become so removed from your original plan?

How can I make up for my past mistakes?

Why Don't You Help Those Children In Africa?

Why were you wrathful and jealous in the Old Testament but then kind and loving in the New Testament?

The effects of global warming are killing the planet, what’s going to happen?

If you let my mum die when I prayed that you would not why would I care if you're with me or not?

If you were real..... would you go for a drink with me ;)

Do i need to go to church to be a Christian?

Why do you need to test our faith?

Is there a plan or me, or do i make it myself?

What can we do to make the world and equal and just place?

Can any of us truly love?

Why should I believe in the existence of Christians?

You are asking all these questions but can we now see the answers too plz!

Am I good enough?

To talk to me :D

Why if miracles have happened why isn't there is no proof of any amputee being cured?
Is the scripture accurate?

What are you more annoyed with: people ignoring your teaching or deliberately misinterpreting it for their own ends

Why may a blind or lame person (Lev 21) not act as a priest? And if they may, why did you not retract the order?

Was jesus REALLY a white person

Why do I procrastinate?

Are there others, alians i mean?

Where is my mum?

Is abortion wrong?

What have you got against gay love?

If Jesus is non judgmental then why will he judge us at the end of time?

Do you believe in brainwashing others into having the same beliefs as each other ?

How would you describe yourself?

Can you help me have a more fulfilled life?

Why can i not stop thinking of you?

What does life after death look like?

Why do some children die in agony often over long periods of time?

Does he really answer your question when u really need him?

Why let men, in your name, kill, mame and slaughter during the inquisition?

Healing for my wife.

When will i get a job?

Why can't my financial blessings be released?

With jesus dieing on the cross how does that take our sins away???

Will i see my father?

I have sinned in the past will my children see my sins on the day of judgement?

Why can't I heal people?

Why do Christians have a relationship with Jesus, why do we need Jesus if we can talk to the head honcho (God)?

How can I communicate with god so that I know he hears me and Im sure of the authenticity of the reply?

If you love me, why do you threaten me with eternal damnation?

When we pray for healing why are some people blessed almost instantaneously and others not at all?

If God did exist, what would HE ask US?

How relevant is paying tithes into the coffers of the church?

Can I have more money please?

How can I help?

Can i have a faith even though i am gay?

If you are a loving God, how could you stand back and allow the Holocaust to happen, or little Madeleine McCann undiscovered?

How could a man be happy in Heaven if their wife was suffering eternally in Hell?

Why does God insist that people waste time worshipping, when they could be doing more important things?

How can our consciousness survive the death and disintegration of our brains?

1 comment:

claire peter said...

salut danielle, j'écris en francais et já i la flemme de lire en British...mais je voulais te saluer bien bas, avoir des nouvelles fraiches et ténvoyer un peu de chaleur de rome !