Wednesday 8 October 2008

How to make a cup of tea on the Sabbath?

This blog is gaining a bit of a nondescript monotheist flavour these days, borrowing liberally from Judaism and Islam, which I love doing, because it's easy to recognise familiar principles, but the expressions always seem so "new" when worded by the followers of another faith. They are a welcome escape from some of the widespread inanities associated with Pop Christianity these days. But anyway, I came across the Lubavitch method for making a cup of tea on the Sabbath. Seriously, go check it out!
(And while I'm at it, Yom Kippur begins on the eve of Thursday the 9th, and that's today, so I really did not pick the best day to have fun with sabbath laws. Maybe I'll do a more serious post sometime along the line. Like my freaking university holding a yearly mandatory training course for all postgraduate instructors... on Yom Kippur)

No comments: