Saturday 22 November 2008

Scattered thoughts

Indulgence without repentence. Jesus is my best buddy. I’m sure he’ll understand. I’m sure he likes me as I am. Loses the meaning of grace. Like fresh water on my red-hot shame. Indulgence without repentence, a take-away coffee and a cinnamon bun, while the world burns. I’ve said it before, the only grace there is the grace that changes your life. And it’s the only one I want.
My church is in the business of embodying indulgence, and maybe it is right. For if the people know little, they sure should know that. God’s grace will flow their way, no matter what. Food for the babes. So we live without the burn, we live without the scream, there is no way we’re entering this mighty wall of flames. Until someone we love will lure us into it. Life begins in purgatory.

No comments: