Friday 25 May 2007

A matter of molecules…

Your blood in my veins follows its own trajectory somehow. We’re roommates in this body and those few molecules step in the driver’s seat. If I won’t let them, they shock me into reacting. Whatever happens, they’ll always be there, present in me and in others, and I’ll forever cherish them, I’ll forever trust them and I’ll forever try to treat them as well as I can.

I think there’s a passage in Luther somewhere, who in the midst of despair, just relied on the body’s baptized molecules. His body was baptized, and if his spirit was struggling, his body could never be totally cut off from God. My body was baptised and partakes in the sacraments, it knows the way, there are some things it will not do unless my reasoning forces it. And if we land in the pig stall, deperate and longing to eat the pigs’ food. God will technically never be apart from us.

No comments: