Friday 10 August 2007

The Anglican Left

A couple of days ago, I applied for membership of the Anglican Left mailing list. I'm very exited and I hope that I don't get turned down. Their website has been my favourite online resource for a while and I'm really glad that there are such folks out there. I must remember not to post any random thought on it though, as I have no idea who will be reading it. Anyway, here's the welcome quote to their site:

"You cannot claim to worship Jesus in the Tabernacle, if you do not pity Jesus in the slums. . . It is folly - it is madness - to suppose that you can worship Jesus in the Sacraments and Jesus on the throne of glory, when you are sweating him in the souls and bodies of his children." - Bishop Frank Weston at the 1923 Anglo-Catholic Congress


(Whew, I'm kinda edgy these days, sorry about this! I need a lighter tone to this blog. Fortunately, I think I still have a couple of lighter, funny things up my sleeve and -of course- there's always ice cream, friends, my clarinet and Naked Pastor to bring a huge smile to my face!)
The picture is an allusion to Late Capitalism's race to the bottom. The Fat guys basically says: "We must tighten the belt yet further, it's so good that I get to be me"

No comments: