Thursday 28 June 2007

By this all men will know that you are my disciples

"A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another." John 13.34

I think I am starting to get this. We're not meant to say hello and be pleasant to each other at church; that's just the liberal democratic "mind-your-own-business" frame of mind, another word for polite indifference. Maybe we should learn to know each other, and love each other, as he has loved us. And that includes Christians on the other side of the earth.

If we're fortunate enough to experience the love of Jesus, then maybe it's our responsibility to extend that very same brand of love to others. We simply tune in to his love and faithfully replicate it, loving with the same friendly indulgence and the same recklessness. We are his church, we are the "class of 2007". He is the vine and we are the branches, this is a joint venture!

And here's another tacky midi file, it's been a long time...

'Tis the old time religion,
'Tis the old time religion,
'Tis the old time religion,
And it’s good enough for me.

No comments: