Sunday 8 July 2007

In some corner of England...

D. Lord, I thank thee that I should be allowed to sit in a lovely Quaker meeting and not with the morons next door who think that Gandhi is in hell “if he has not accepted JC as his own personal savior”.

D. Okay, yes, I'm joking. I’m pretty wowed that you should deign to be present amongst us, who claim your name yet break all your commandments. Opulent Durham is the last place on earth where I’d expect you to turn up. I can’t believe you haven’t given up on your middle class flocks. Lord, have mercy, the people here are not hypocrites, at least I don’t think they are. Show us what it looks like to follow you. Give us teachers and give us models. Bring us back to life, save us too. (Of course, this includes the morons next d the children of God next door).

J. Shhh...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Boy, do I know a lot of morons....

I posted my email on the user-info of my blog...feel free to email me there...

I can't find your email either, but would like to have it!

Three cheers for Dan, for introducing us!!!

- robin